"Larkhall YMCA was established in 1897 in the rooms above what is now Semi Chem in Union Street. Early in the 1900s the organization moved to Caledonian Road after buying the land between King Street and the Police Station boundary wall from the Caledonian Railway Company. Shortly after World War One the YMCA sold the building which it had built on this land to two local businessmen, who were also YMCA members, and the YMCA moved into barracks erected on the current site that had been purchased from the Army. The two businessmen then sold the building to the Royal Mail who used it as town’s main post office until the late 1970's. By the 1960s the barracks were in a very poor condition, so the YMCA Board embarked on the fund raising and construction project that produced the modern building, which was completed in 1970."
- Willie Mowbray 2023
Below you can find out about the work YMCA Scotland does in relation the 4 pillars outlined in World YMCA’s Vision 2030, in addition to faith and our National Programme. Click on any of the blocks below to be redirected to a page with more information. More about World YMCA’s Vision 2030 and its goals, can be found here. As well as at the foot of this page.